Roasted Brussels Sprouts with honey whipped goat cheese, toasted pecans, dried tart cherries and hot honey drizzle.
Even the non-brussels sprouts eaters will love this recipe. Roasted with crispy edges and tossed with so much flavor. Crunch from the toasted pecans, sweetness from the dried tart cherries and a little kick from that hot honey drizzle. All over a super creamy whipped goat cheese.
Let’s talk about tart cherries for a sec…..They are my new favorite thing to add to all kinds of recipes. I always kept them on hand for one of my favorite bread recipes, but now I add them in place of raisins or cranberries. They are a probiotic, which means they are good for your gut and an antioxidant, which help fight free radicals. Try and them and I know you will love them too!
Ingredients in Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Help me and I’ll help you – Shop Amazon.com to find any items with a link.
- Brussels sprouts – Fresh halved sprouts.
- Goat cheese – Creamy, plain goat cheese.
- Pecans – Lightly toasted pecans – Find them on Amazon.
- Tart cherries– Dried tart cherries are good for you and taste amazing – Find them on Amazon.
- Hot Honey– Mike’s Hot Honey has the perfect kick of heat- Find it on Amazon.
Try these other brussels sprouts recipes like Farro, Brussels Sprouts and Pecan Salad that is hearty enough for a main dish. A great side dish to pork chops is Bacon-Shallot Brussels Sprouts with caramelized edges and a splash of sherry wine. One of my favorite winter salads is Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad and it really holds up over time, so you can count on this at your family dinners.
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 20 brussels sprouts cleaned, halved
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 cup pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup tart cherries
- 1/2 tbsp. hot honey
- salt and pepper
- Place halved brussels sprout on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until edges are a little crispy and centers are cooked through. Remove from oven and toss with toasted pecans and dried tart cherries. (To toast pecans, either place in a small pan over medium high heat until toasted or in an oven at 375 until toasted. It only takes a few minutes.)
- Combine goat cheese and honey in a small bowl, stir vigorously until whipped.
- Smear whipped goat cheese across serving plate. Top with roasted brussels sprouts mixture. Drizzle with hot honey. Serve as a side dish or with crusty French bread as an appetizer.