Crab Cake with Pink Peppercorn Sauce full of Dungeness crab with crispy edges paired with a peppery agave cream sauce.
These jumbo crab cakes are packed with buttery lump crab meat, so every bite is all about the crab. Made extra large for a special entrée style dinner.
Accents of finely minced green onion, peppers and garlic add a pop of color and fresh element to the dish. The golden brown crust from the Panko breadcrumbs is perfect for running through the pink peppercorn sauce.
A blend of crushed pink peppercorns are combined with mayonnaise and agave to create a creamy sauce with a hint of spice and a little sweetness. Flavors that all complement the buttery sweetness of Dungeness crab.
Ingredients in Crab Cake with Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- Crab – Dungeness crab is my crab of choice, all fresh lump meat.
- Panko – Japanese style breadcrumbs that are super crispy.
- Green Onion – Minced green onion for fresh flavor.
- Mama Lil’s Pickled Peppers – Mildly spicy with a little zing.
- Garlic – Minced garlic.
- Mayonnaise – Best Foods / Hellmann’s mayo is the best.
- Pink Peppercorns – Mild, slightly sweet and actually a berry not like black pepper.
- Agave – My choice for sweetener, found in the baking aisle of grocery.
If you love crab like I do, make sure to check out these recipes. Mexican Crab Cakes with Serrano Cream are some serious bold flavor. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Dungeness Crab Rolls are my PNW version of lobster rolls. They skip the mayonnaise, making a lighter tasting roll. Dungeness Crab and Corn Chowder is creamy and super indulgent. It’s the perfect bowl to cozy up to.
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
Crab Cake with Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- 1 pound Dungeness crab shelled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs non-seasoned
- 1 tbsp. green onion minced
- 1/2 cup Mama Lil's Pickled Peppers minced
- 1/4 cup celery minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. pink peppercorns crushed
- 1/2 tbsp. agave nectar
- Gather lump crab meat in a paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Place lump crab meat in a mixing bowl with remaining crab cake ingredients.
- Gently combine ingredients, making sure not to over mix. You want the lump crab to remain in lump form. When combined, form into 6 large, thick patties. Place on a plate, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove crab cakes from refrigerator and let rest while you heat your sauté pan to medium high. Add avocado oil to pan and let warm. Place crab cakes in pan and brown for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, add 2 tbsp. butter to pan after flipping to second side. Remove from sauté pan, place on sheet pan and bake in oven for about 5 minutes while you make pink peppercorn sauce.
- Spread a dollop of pink peppercorn sauce across each serving plate and place one crab cake in the center. Serve with lemon wedges.
Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.