Local to Seattle, Beecher’s white cheddar is the perfect pairing for this mushroom bacon burger with spicy arugula and creamy garlic aioli. This burger stacks high and is the ultimate in gourmet burgers, try it at your next BBQ, but you better make extra!
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
Have you been to the Beecher’s Handmade Cheese store at Pike Place Market? You may have passed it located on the corner of Pike and Pine right across the street from Pike Place Market. Here you can watch the cheese making process in action and pick up some of my favorite cheese.
Check Them Out Here:
I love the combination of sharp, tangy white cheddar with spicy arugula. Mushrooms just make it even better because they are sauteed with onions that become nice and caramelized with just a splash of balsamic, Worcestershire and thyme for that savory goodness. And then, one step further we have garlic aioli. Really it’s just a spruced up mayonnaise, but it adds the flavor that seals the deal on this gourmet burger.
Let’s Talk About Beef:
I always use GROUND SIRLOIN or GROUND CHUCK for my burgers. Why? Because it has the perfect fat ratio so your burger won’t be dry like a hockey puck. Ground chuck has the most fat, making for a super delicious burger.
More Recipes Like This:
Beecher’s White Cheddar, Mushroom, Bacon Burger with Arugula and Garlic Aioli
- 4 small sesame seed buns
- 4 ¼ pound sirloin beef patties S & P and drizzle olive oil
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 8 slices Beecher’s Flagship cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 6 oz crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1 small yellow onion frenched (sliced in half then slivered)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch dried thyme or fresh
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed fine
- ½ lemon squeezed
- S & P cracked black pepper is best
- Heat grill
- In a small saute pan over medium heat cook onion in olive oil until cooked about half way
- Add mushrooms and garlic, saute until softened
- Add worcestershire, balsamic and thyme, blend together
- Add butter and toss. Move over to one side of pan, turn off heat and add arugula to empty side of pan to just barely wilt.
- Grill burgers and add Beecher’s cheese after flipping
- In a small bowl blend together garlic aioli ingredients and set aside
- Assemble burgers: garlic aioli on each bun, burger,bacon, mushrooms, arugula
Leave a Reply