Christmas traditions start with this Polish Rum Cake. These sugary, rum soaked yellow cakes are easy to make and will make everyone come back for more.
Buttery, yellow cake soaked in a sweet, sugary dark rum glaze with delicate minced walnuts crusting the top. That is Polish Rum Cake and our family Christmas tradition.
As long as I can remember my mother has made rum cake for Christmas. I used to feel so very grown up eating this cake, a special privilege to be eating something soaked in rum. Kinda like I was breaking the rules. Yes, it’s that good! One bite into this rich buttery cake and you’ll be in heaven. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. Are you ready?
Polish Rum Cake
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix with butter
- 1 small package vanilla pudding
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dark rum
- ½ cup walnuts minced
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Dark Rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 2-3 mini bundt cake mold pans (6 mini cakes per mold).
- Place about a ½-¾ tsp. walnuts in bottom of each cake mold.
- Mix yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, softened butter, eggs, water and rum together with an electric mixer.
- Pour into buttered molds and bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make glaze by heating butter, brown sugar and rum over medium low heat until smooth.
- Remove from oven, gently turn onto a sheet pan and poke holes in the tops.
- Slowly pour the glaze over the cakes, letting it absorb.
Leave a Reply