Peppermint Mocha Cake is a festive dessert sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Rich, chocolate espresso cake topped with creamy mint frosting and crushed candy canes.
What Inspires You?
Inspiration comes from many places, our surroundings, people we meet, our daily activities. Often, as a recipe creator, I get a little uninspired. Some weeks the ideas just flow in out of no where and other times…nada.
This Peppermint Mocha Cake is inspired from a holiday favorite @Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. I start off with a rich, chocolate espresso cake that is super moist from the addition of milk in the mix. Then I like to drizzle over cream cheese frosting that has a hint of mint extract running through it. Topped off with, yes, candy canes that are crushed for that extra special Christmas touch. It’s your favorite holiday drink in a CAKE!
B.T.W. – I know a certain someone who ate this entire cake to themselves.
- Chocolate Cake Mix – Grab your favorite box mix from the grocery. Look for one with pudding in the mix for extra moisture.
- Espresso Instant Coffee – Medaglia D’oro is a little glass jar of instant espresso powder and it is pretty amazing.
- Eggs – Large eggs, preferably farm fresh.
- Milk – Whole milk for a richer flavor.
- Vegetable Oil – I don’t use vegetable oil for much these days, but it’s what you need for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – Whipped cream cheese frosting goes on easier.
- Mint Extract– A little goes a long way with mint extract.
- Candy Cane – One regular sized mint candy cane, crushed.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease your bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, espresso instant coffee, eggs, milk and vegetable oil.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until edge of cake just pulls away from bundt pan. Remove from oven and rest until cool to the touch.
- Gently turn bundt cake upside down and remove to serving plate.
- Heat cream cheese frosting in microwave for about 20 seconds, stir in mint extract, combine well.
- Pour frosting over prepared cake and top with crushed candy cane.
Peppermint Mocha Cake
- Bundt pan, greased
- 1 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1/4 cup espresso instant coffee
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz cream cheese frosting
- 1/8 tsp mint extract
- 1 large candy cane, crushed (place in Ziplock and smash until crushed)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees for a greased bundt pan.
- Mix together cake ingredients. Pour into greased bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest until bundt pan is cool to the touch.
- Turn upside down and remove cake.
- Heat cream cheese frosting container in microwave for 20 seconds, until just softened, but not liquid. Add mint extract and stir well.
- Pour frosting over prepared cake. Top with crushed candy canes.
Related Dessert Recipes:
Related Products from Amazon:
“Out West: Food & Lifestyle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that helps me earn money through product linking to Amazon.com.”