Northern Winter Salad combines all the the Pacific NW favorites like crunchy Oregon hazelnuts, sweet Washington cranberries and Beecher’s Flagship cheese tossed together with pear, brussel spouts and kale.
Let’s face it…THIS Northern Winter Salad is totally necessary right now. In between all the holiday eating, cakes and stacks of cookies, I’m in need of some greens and this salad has the perfect ratio of crunch to sweet to pungent. Shaved brussel sprouts, kale and my favorite local toppings are dressed in my go-to shallot vinaigrette it’s the perfect light meal or serve it along side of your next holiday gathering.
Northern Winter Salad
- 5 oz kale, rough chopped
- 8 lg brussel sprouts shredded
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 pear thinly sliced
- A few Beecher's Flagship cheese rough shaved
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey can sub agave or sugar
- sat and pepper to taste
- Toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and drizzle over salad, being careful not to over dress the salad. You may have dressing left over. Toss to combine.
TIP: Double the vinaigrette recipe and save in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to a week.