Rustic Banana Bread is a simple recipe made with noticeable pieces of banana, topped with a caramelized slice of banana and toasted walnuts.
This recipe celebrates the BANANA in banana bread and you know what that means…it’s a super moist Rustic Banana Bread because you get a banana in every bite. You definitely won’t have to wonder what kind of bread you are eating with this recipe.
We’ve all had them…a bunch of bananas that we leave sitting on the counter in hopes that they will make it to our mouth as a healthy snack. And then they turn brown. Sometimes too quick and we’re left with few options to save them. Sometimes I pop peeled bananas in a Ziploc in the freezer and save for smoothies. Most of the time, I make banana bread.
Rustic Banana Bread
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 ripe bananas (1 reserved)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 1 regular loaf pan or 2 mini loaf pans
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, eggs and sour cream using a stand mixer or blend well by hand.
- Add 3 of the ripe bananas by tearing off 1 inch portions. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan / pans. Slice remaining banana lengthwise in half and place on top of batter. Add chopped walnuts to top.Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Rustic Banana Bread is a very simple classic recipe that adds large chunks of banana to the batter and is topped with even more banana and chopped walnuts. Once baked, the slice of banana and chopped walnuts gets a really nice browned caramelized top.