Greek Pasta Salad made with penne rigate and plenty of vinaigrette with cucumber, kalamata olives, bell pepper, grape tomatoes and feta.
Everyone needs a go-to pasta salad. One that comes together in a pinch and is packed with flavor. This Greek Pasta Salad checks all the boxes. It’s colorful, flavorful, and has no mayo, which means you are good to set it out with no worry. Let the sun shine, let the people mingle….your salad is safe. I mean it’s so good that I’m sure it will be gone in no time anyways.
Make this pasta salad a meal! Add your favorite protein to the mix. I like grilled shrimp. Just toss your grilled shrimp or chicken in a little of the vinaigrette and you’re good to go.
Ingredients in Greek Pasta Salad
- Penne Rigate – This smooth penne is perfect for coating with vinaigrette.
- Cucumber – I prefer the English cucumber in this recipe.
- Kalamata Olives – The briny taste of olives adds excitement to this pasta salad.
- Bell Pepper – I used orange bell pepper for more color.
- Grape Tomatoes – I like the shape of grape tomatoes.
- Red Onion – Finely chopped red onion adds flavor and color.
- Feta – Crumbled Feta cheese or use Queso Fresco.
- Herbs – Fresh basil and fresh oregano chopped.
- Vinaigrette – Red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, agave and salt and pepper.
Everyone wants to bring the BEST salad to the party. Pick one of these salads and you will complete the task. Stand out from the crowd by bringing Grilled Potato Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette, it’s packed with flavor. For a light and fresh dish, try OUT WEST’s Lemon Arugula Pasta Salad. Can’t get enough Mexican corn? This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is so super good!
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. penne rigate dried pasta cooked per directions on box, drained
- 12 oz. grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large English cucumber sliced in half circles
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 2 cups kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion small diced
- 10 oz. Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil torn
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano torn
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients. Drizzle half over Greek Pasta Salad and toss to combine. Slowly add more dressing to desired amount is reached.
Greek Pasta Salad
- Combine cooked penne rigate, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, kalamata olives, and red onion in a large serving bowl. Toss with half the vinaigrette. Fold in herbs and Feta cheese. Drizzle with more dressing if desired. Keep Greek Pasta Salad cold until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply