Grilled Shrimp & Nectarine Salad with honey lime dressing drizzled over mixed greens, toasted pecans, fresh pea pods and queso fresco.
I love a big green salad packed with all the ingredients. I use my standard method of some type of greens, plus a cheese, add in something crunchy, seasonal veggie or two. Make it a meal with a protein…the possibilities are endless. I make this salad at least once a week in the summer. We love how the honey lime grilled shrimp taste with the juicy nectarines.
Most of the ingredients I keep on hand. I always keep a bag of either pecans or walnuts in my freezer. They thaw out super quick and add a healthy crunch to any salad. Same with Argentinian Pink Shrimp, they are my go-to protein, so I keep a bag in my freezer. With staple items on hand, it’s easy to throw together a quick dinner.
Oh, and this Honey Lime Dressing is my new favorite! You’re going to want to keep this recipe to use on rotation. It’s really good on chicken or anything avocado.
Ingredients in Grilled Shrimp & Nectarine Salad
- Shrimp – Argentina pink shrimp are used in this recipe. They have a sweet flavor that I love and they are sustainably caught.
- Nectarines – Fresh sliced nectarines pair so nicely with the shrimp.
- Mixed Greens – Field greens from the market or Organic Girl Supergreens are fabulous.
- Pecans – Toasted, rough chopped pecans. I keep a bag in my freezer.
- Red Onion – Thinly sliced red onion.
- Pea Pods – I like to cut whole pea pods on the bias and open up a few for looks.
- Basil – Fresh basil leaves are added for a very fresh and unique flavor.
- Tajin Seasoning – A Mexican inspired seasoning with lots of flavor.
- Honey – Try and get the best honey you can, it’s worth the extra cost.
- Lime – Fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Avocado Oil – I keep avocado oil on hand, but you can sub for other mild cooking oil.
Looking for a salad that also works an an entrée? These are three of our most popular flavor packed salads. Roasted Beet Salad is so good for you with vitamin packed beets and creamy goat cheese. 15 Minute Salmon Salad showcases sustainably wild caught Bristol Bay salmon. Avocado & Pineapple Salad with Halibut is like being in Mexico on the beach. It’s one of my ultimate favorites!
Grilled Shrimp & Nectarine Salad
- 8 Argentinian pink shrimp 21/25 count
- 1 tbsp. Tajin seasoning
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 large nectarine pitted and sliced
- 1 cup sugar peas cut on bias
- 1/2 cup red onion thin sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill. Combine Tajin seasoning and honey. Toss with shrimp and let sit while you prepare salad ingredients. I grill my shrimp with the shell on for more flavor, then remove the shell when eating, but you can grill without shell if desired.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, basil, nectarine slices, sugar peas and red onion. Toast pecans in either your air fryer or oven. Lay in a single layer at and toast for about 5 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from over and rough chop.
- Skewer shrimp and grill for about 2.5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and place in prepared salad. Drizzle with Honey Lime Dressing (see below) and garnish salad with toasted pecans and queso fresco.