OUT WEST Roasted Jalapeno Burger piled high with bacon, onion rings, cilantro lime crema, creamy jack cheese and a buttery brioche bun.
Roasting jalapenos brings out so much flavor. We often have them as a side dish with our Mexican inspired meals. So, of course, the next obvious thing would be to add them to a burger! Do you leave the seeds in or take them out? I leave them. We do like it spicy, but in this recipe, there is enough going to counteract any extreme heat.
The cilantro lime crema adds a nice saucy zing while cooling the heat from the roasted jalapeno. It’s easy to whip up and really makes the burger a little extra. I don’t know about you, but I judge my burgers by how messy they are. You know, if they start to drip down your hand. Now that’s a burger!
Ingredients in OUT WEST Roasted Jalapeno Burger
Help me and I’ll help you – Shop Amazon.com to find any items with a link.
- Ground Beef – 80/20 ground chuck from your local butcher.
- Brioche Buns – Buttered and toasted.
- Bacon – Good smoky bacon.
- Cheese – Monterrey Jack cheese for melting and Queso Fresco for topping.
- Tomato – Fresh sliced beefsteak tomato.
- Jalapeno – Four large whole jalapeno peppers.
- Mexican Crema – Mexican style table cream found near the sour cream at the grocery.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro.
- Onion – Sweet, yellow onion, such as Walla Walla Sweet.
- Agave Nectar – My favorite type of sweetener that you can find on Amazon.com
- Pantry Items – Milk, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, flour, salt, paprika, and oil for frying.
Roll up those sleeves and grab a napkin. You’ll find your new favorite sandwich right here. Try a local favorite Beecher’s White Cheddar Mushroom Bacon Burger made with Seattle’s Beecher’s cheese. Get low and slow with Coca-Cola Pulled Pork Sliders and spice things with our Hot Chicken Sandwich with Jalapeno Buttermilk Sauce.
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
OUT WEST Roasted Jalapeno Burger
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 1 lime zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fine chopped
- 1/2 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large yellow sweet onion sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- oil for frying
- 1 lb. 80/20 ground chuck divided into four equal patties
- 4 brioche hamburger buns buttered and lightly grilled
- 4 large whole jalapeno peppers top stem cut off
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco
Cilantro Lime Crema
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve for serving over burgers.
- Combine milk, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, flour, salt and paprika in a large bowl. Add sliced onions and toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator while you heat oil in a high edged pan over medium high heat for frying. When oil is heated, remove onion rings from refrigerator, Fry a few at a time, leaving room in the pan so they don't touch and stick together. When golden brown, remove from oil and let sit on a wire rack or paper towel. Season lightly with salt. Repeat until all onion rings are fried.
- In a small pan, heat a 1/4 cup cooking oil over medium low heat. Place jalapenos in pan and roast, turning as each side browns. When fully roasted, remove from pan and set aside until ready to top burger.
- Season burger patties with salt, pepper and a little cooking oil. Grill until cooked through about 2-3 minutes per side or until 150 -155 degrees as they will continue cooking when taken off the grill. Make sure to add your Monterey Jack cheese as soon as you flip the burgers to the second side.
- Assemble burgers: Place a little crema on the bottom bun, then a slice of tomato, the burger and top with bacon, roasted jalapeno, cilantro lime crema, queso fresco and a couple onion rings.