Cilantro Chimichurri Flank Steak seasoned, quickly grilled and served sliced with fresh cilantro chimichurri sauce and sides.
This is one of our go-to summer dinners for dining on the patio. Flank steak is relatively light because it’s a leaner type of meat. I like to serve with a fresh tomato avocado salad and some pinto beans.
Serve flank steak cooked to medium and sliced against the grain. It grills up quickly making it a perfect weeknight recipe or al fresco dining on the patio. Topped with plenty of cilantro chimichurri, a blend of fresh cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, avocado oil, agave, salt and pepper, for an unbelievable amount of flavor.
Chimichurri makes a fresh herb sauce often found in South American or Mexican cooking. The standard herb used is fresh parsley, but I like to experiment and switch out the herbs. Cilantro is a leafy green that works really well in chimichurri.
Ingredients in Cilantro Chimichurri Flank Steak
Help me and I’ll help you – Shop Amazon.com to find any items with a link.
- Flank Steak – Best charred on each side and sliced thinly.
- Cajun Seasoning – Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning found on Amazon.
- Cilantro – 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Vinegar – Red wine vinegar adds punch to the chimichurri. Find it on Amazon.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic.
- Avocado Oil – Can sub another mild oil, but I prefer avocado. Find it on Amazon.
- Agave Nectar– My favorite sweetener for sauces. Find it on Amazon.
Find your favorite quick steak recipe. Grilled Bavette Steak with Smoked Paprika Sauce has a spicy seasoned crust and a juicy tender inside with fresh tomato radish salad. If you don’t recognize the term ‘bavette steak’ look for a flap steak. Coffee Rubbed Flank Steak and Pasilla Cream Sauce takes bold and earthy coffee with warm spices and sweet brown sugar to create a caramelized crust on this grilled flank steak. Served in a rich and flavorful pasilla cream sauce that accentuates the coffee rub. Break out the cast iron for this farm raised Rib Steak with Garlic Chive Butter seared with sweet vine tomatoes bursting with flavor.
It’s always good to have a cast iron pan on hand for cooking at home or camping. You can find my favorite made by Lodge on Amazon. I love using simple white plates to showcase my creations. You kind find the full set of white plates by Gibson Home on Amazon.
Amazon Links to Featured Items
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
Cilantro Chimichurri Flank Steak
- Immersion blender
- 1 – 1.5 lb. flank steak sliced in 4 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp. Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Get your grill fired up. I like using charcoal, so make sure those are red hot. Season each flank steak piece with Cajun seasoning and a little avocado oil. Grill, turning once. Flank steak cooks quick and you don't want to overcook. It should be pink on the inside for a tender bite. Depending on thickness, about 3 minutes each side. Remove and let sit for a few minutes. Serve with cilantro chimichurri.
- Using an immersion blender (or standard blender) blend cilantro, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, avocado oil, agave nectar, salt and pepper together. Can be stored in fridge for about 3 days.