Mexican Shrimp Mini Wedge Salad is perfect for sharing layered with spicy shrimp and drizzled in agave lime vinaigrette.
This is a salad to be shared. Layered on a big serving platter and set out to eat amongst friends. Wedge salads are a fabulous way to showcase your favorite toppings. Mini wedge salads are a little easier to eat because they are cut into smaller wedges. This means more toppings per bite ratio.
Crisp iceberg lettuce is cut into small wedges and layered with thinly sliced radish, red onion and cilantro. Next add slices of creamy avocado and crumbled queso fresco cheese. This all gets topped with large shrimp that have been quickly sauteed in Mexican spices and drizzled with a light agave lime vinaigrette.
Ingredients in Mexican Shrimp Mini Wedge Salad
Help me and I’ll help you – Shop Amazon.com to find any items with a link.
- Shrimp – Large 16/20 Argentinian Pink Shrimp.
- Lettuce – One head of Iceberg lettuce.
- Radish – Red radish sliced thin.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro chopped.
- Onion – Red onion sliced thin.
- Lime – Lots of limes for the dressing and for serving.
- Cotija Cheese – Crumbly Mexican cheese similar to feta, can also use Queso Fresco.
- Pantry Items – Avocado oil, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, salt.
Step up your salad game with these fresh ideas. Light and refreshing Avocado Pineapple Salad with Halibut takes Summer into full swing and simplifies your weeknight dinner. Out West’s Lemon Arugula Pasta Salad combines cellentani pasta, arugula, pine nuts and cherry tomatoes in a light lemon vinaigrette dressing. 15 Minute Salmon Salad combines all the freshness of Spring vegetables with tender baked salmon in a lemon shallot vinaigrette.
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
Mexican Shrimp Mini Wedge Salad
- 1 pound shrimp – large 16/20 deveined, shell removed, tail on
- 1 head iceberg lettuce Cut in mini wedges
- 1/2 bunch cilantro 1 tbsp. reserved and chopped
- 1 bunch radish thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cotija or queso fresco crumbled
- 6 limes quartered
- 1 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
Agave Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1-2 pinch salt
- Place mini iceberg lettuce wedges on serving platter. Layer cilantro, red onion, radish, avocado and cotija cheese over top.
- Combine shrimp with avocado oil, smoked paprika and chipotle powder. In a large sauté pan over high heat, sauté shrimp for 2-3 minutes, flipping once to ensure even cooking. Add juice of 1 lime. Remove from heat.
- When ready to serve salad, place shrimp over top, drizzle salad with Agave Lime Dressing and chopped cilantro. Place lime wedges around edges.
Agave Lime Dressing
- Combine lime juice, agave and Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in avocado oil. Season with cracked black pepper and salt.