Steak Bites with Herby Mushrooms is a delicious one pan meal ready in less than 15 minutes with very few ingredients.
It’s like steak dinner, but without the hassle. This is one of my favorite ways to stretch one steak into more than one serving. Pieces of steak quickly seared with cremini mushroom, shallot, garlic and herbs tossed with butter and Worcestershire sauce to create a one pan dinner that is truly amazing. I wrote the recipe for two servings, but if you serve over mashed potatoes and add a vegetable on the side, you can really stretch and get four servings.
The cubed pieces of steak get seared on each side and that really seals in the flavor. Searing for just a few minutes mean you have a really tender bite. Sautéed together with rustic cut mushrooms that soak up every bit of the flavor. This is a really satisfying weeknight dinner that takes only 15 minutes!
Ingredients in Steak Bites with Herby Mushrooms
- Steak – One large steak such as New York Loin.
- Mushrooms – Cremini mushrooms or white button mushrooms work best.
- Shallot – One large shallot, look next to the garlic and onions in your grocery.
- Garlic – Minced garlic, either jarred or fresh minced.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Crucial to making the perfect sauce.
- Rosemary – A couple sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Pantry Items – Butter, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Looking for other steak recipes? Greek Inspired Steak Kabobs with a super easy Tzatziki sauce are grilled and so fun to eat. Rib Steak with Garlic Chive Butter is cooked in a cast iron pan with blistered tomatoes for an easy weeknight dinner. Grilled Short Rib Steak is melt in your mouth delicious with leek scape butter melted all over the top.
Tried It ?
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.
Steak Bites with Herby Mushrooms
- 1 Cast iron pan
- 1 lb. steak such as New York Loin, cubed
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms cut some in half and leave others whole
- 1 lg. shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp. butter divided
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large cast iron pan to medium high (A cast iron pan is a must to achieve the sear needed in this recipe). Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, mushrooms and shallot, sautéing for about 3-4 minutes. Then add 1 tbsp. butter and garlic. Sauté for another minute to melt butter. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil to the same pan. Sear steak cubes, turning to brown on each side for about 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms back to pan along with Worcestershire sauce and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with garlic toast or over mashed potatoes.