Roasted Beet Salad combines slices of roasted red and yellow beets with goat cheese, greens and toasted pecans in a shallot vinaigrette.
Hearty enough for a light meal and perfect as a side dish to grilled chicken or steak. This salad showcases the bounty of the farmer’s market. The beets used in this salad are from Grandview Family Farm who sells their local produce at the Arlington Farmer’s Market in Arlington, WA. The beets are cut in rounds and roasted in olive oil, salt and pepper to really accentuate their earthy flavor.
If you have an air fryer, this is an excellent way to roast the beets. I have the Sur La Table 13 Quart Air Fryer from Costco that comes with three shelves and other extras like a rotisserie. I drizzle the pan with olive oil, place the sliced beets in a single layer and drizzle with more olive oil. Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes. The time really varies depending on the size of your beets. Make sure to check after 10 minutes and continue roasting until tender on the inside.
Ingredients in Roasted Beet Salad
- Beets – I love the combination of both red and yellow beets in this salad.
- Goat Cheese – Plain goat cheese is all you need as there is a lot of flavor already.
- Greens – Field greens, Summer greens, any kind of mixed leafy greens work.
- Pecans – I keep a bag of pecans in my freezer so I can use when needed.
- Shallot – Thinly sliced shallot adds a nice flavor to this salad.
- Dijon Mustard – A little Dijon mustard adds texture and zest to the vinaigrette.
- Lemon – Juice of a lemon brightens the vinaigrette dressing.
- Agave – Using agave in place of sugar helps the texture while sweetening at the same time.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – My standby for a simple vinaigrette dressing.
Looking for more salad ideas? Try this main dish 15 Minute Salmon Salad with tender butter lettuce, baked salmon, hard boiled eggs, radish and fresh pea pods. A favorite coastal Mexico inspired salad is our Avocado Pineapple Salad with Halibut drizzled in a light agave lime dressing. Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is perfect for the holidays with pomegranate seeds, parmesan and toasted breadcrumbs.
Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 package mixed salad green
- 1 bundle fresh beets peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. goat cheese sliced in medallions
- 1/2 cup pecans roasted and rough chopped
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. agave
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, can also use air fryer at same temp.
- Toss sliced beets in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a sheet pan or air fryer pan. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Place mixed greens and roasted beets in a serving bowl. Drizzle over desired amount of vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add goat cheese medallions and chopped pecans. Lightly toss to combine.
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- Combine shallot, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and agave in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
Leave a Reply