15 Minute Salmon Salad combines all the freshness of Spring vegetables with tender baked salmon in a lemon shallot vinaigrette.
Butter lettuce creates a slightly sweet and tender bed for lightly seasoned wild salmon. Easter Egg radish slices are tucked in along with sugar peas and quartered hard boiled eggs. All drizzled with a light vinaigrette made with lemon, shallot, Dijon mustard and agave to sweeten.
Fresh, wild salmon is always a yes for me. You can always tell wild caught salmon from farmed just by the difference in color. Wild salmon is bright orange / red in color and has a firmer texture. This is from swimming in natural waters and eating a natural, native diet. It is a clear choice for a healthy addition to your recipe as wild salmon has less fat and more Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D.
Ingredients in 15 Minute Salmon Salad
- Salmon – Fresh, wild caught salmon for the best flavor and texture.
- Lettuce – Butter lettuce or Bibb lettuce is tender and sweet sold with roots still attached.
- Radish – Easter Egg radishes are fun to use with their red, pink and white colors.
- Peas – Sugar peas in the shell add crunch and texture to the mix.
- Egg – Hard boiled eggs quartered for bite size eating.
- Spices – Lawry’s garlic salt, chipotle chili powder and brown sugar coat the salmon.
- Vinaigrette – Shallot, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, agave and olive oil.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Summer Salad with Fried Goat Cheese Medallions skips the meat for a satisfying meal with crunch and creaminess. Sweet & Spicy Citrus Salmon looks as fabulous as it tastes with a slightly sweet and spicy glaze and layers of mixed citrus. Avocado and Pineapple Salad with Halibut takes flavors from coastal Mexico and pairs with buttery Alaskan halibut.
15 Minute Salmon Salad
- 1 lb salmon fillet bones removed, if possible
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Lawry's garlic salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs quartered
- 4 large radish sliced
- 1 cup sugar peas rough chopped
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shallot minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil. Place salmon skin side down on the sheet pan.
- Place four pats of butter evenly on salmon. Season with garlic salt, brown sugar and chipotle chili powder. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until center of salmon is cooked through. You want a nice opaque salmon (pink) color and to just start to flake when pressed. While salmon is cooking, make salad.
- Remove from oven and use pastry brush to spread melted butter and seasoning. Seperate into four servings and place on top of salad. NOTE: Make sure there are no bones when serving in salad.
- Gently arrange leaves of butter lettuce in a large serving bowl. Add sliced radish, quartered eggs and sugar peas.
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- Combine shallot, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and agave in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Leave a Reply