Sweet & Sticky Ribs with Peach Salsa are dry rubbed, slow cooked, then slathered with sauce and grilled to perfection, then topped with juicy peach salsa.
Are you ready for the official grilling season kickoff? Memorial Day is a little over a week away and we have the B E S T recipes to fire up that grill! From mouth watering ribs to juicy burgers and fresh sides. Make sure you check out these sides that pair perfectly with these Sweet & Sticky Ribs
These mouth watering ribs get cooked low and slow then slathered in my favorite barbecue sauce and finished off on the grill…but that’s not it! They’re topped with fresh, juicy peach salsa that can double as a dip.
Here’s a few tips for the best Sweet & Sticky Ribs.
- Always remove the membrane on the back of the rack of ribs. If you buy your ribs at Costco, the membrane is usually already removed. Just do a quick check and see. Turn your rack of ribs over to the ‘non-meat’ side and look for a very thin white layer covering the length of the rack of ribs. Starting at the end of the rack, slide a dinner knife over the bone and under the membrane to get it started. Then pull to remove. It’s slippery, so you may need to use a paper towel for this step.
- Always cover your rack of ribs while cooking. Essentially you are “steaming” the ribs in their own fat and juices. You want to keep all that moisture contained so your ribs won’t dry out.
- Don’t try and speed up the cooking process. Low and slow is the best cooking method and perfection takes time. This method allows the fat and connective tissue to break down and literally melt, softening up the meat into tender, fall apart yumminess.
Sweet & Sticky Baby Back Ribs with Peach Salsa
- 2 racks baby back ribs membrane removed
- 6 oz. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 18 oz bottle Stubb's Sweet & Sticky Barbecue Sauce
- 2 large Costco size peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- ¼ red onion minced
- ½ serrano pepper minced
- ½ lime squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub mustard all sides of both racks of ribs.
- In a small bowl combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, light brown sugar and salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture over all sides of racks of ribs.
- Place racks of ribs on large sheet pan and cover with foil.
- Place ribs in the pre-heated oven. Reduce heat to 225 degrees.
- Bake for about 3 hours or until fork tender.
- While racks of ribs are cooking prepare peach salsa by combining all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until racks of ribs are ready.
- Remove foil and coat racks of ribs with Stubb's Sweet & Sticky Barbeque Sauce.
- Place under broiler or on grill for about 5 minutes until starting to bubble and caramelize.
- Remove from oven and top with peach salsa.
Leave a Reply