Mushrooms and Greens Lasagna combines layers of creamy mornay sauce with wilted bok choy to create a meatless favorite.
The secret ingredient in this rich and creamy mushroom lasagna? It’s bok choy! Thinly sliced ribbons of bok choy pair perfectly with earth mushrooms an sharp white cheddar sauce. Perfect for Lent Fridays or Meatless Mondays. It’s packed with vitamins AND you get your cheese fix at the same glorious time! If you’re like me, you could live off cheese, wine and French bread. That’s my go-to. Yep, I come home from my daily job, pour a glass of wine, tear off a piece of french bread and start cooking. I guess it’s my way of de-stressing, which I find totally acceptable.
The recipe below is weeknight easy, so don’t get thrown off with the fancy Mornay sauce. It’s just a real technical way of saying cheesy goodness sauce, for real! Looking for more meatless recipes? We’ve got ’em!
Ingredients in Mushroom and Greens Lasagna
- Mushrooms – Most mushrooms will work, white button or cremini are a good choice.
- Bok Choy – Packed with vitamins and really holds up in this lasagna.
- Lasagna Noodles – I used no boil noodles, but any will work.
- Ricotta Cheese – Whole milk ricotta cheese is best.
- Sharp White Cheddar – This is what makes the mornay sauce extra good.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Layered in for that perfect cheese pull.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Whole milk mozzarella standard in lasagna.
- Other Items – Olive oil, garlic, flour, milk, butter, salt, parsley and yellow onion.
We’ve got meatless covered, whether it’s everyday vegetarian lifestyle or Lent Season. Warm up to Poblano Corn Tortilla Soup, flavorful broth that absorbs in crunchy tortilla chips. Go totally indulgent with OUT WEST Poblano Mac, it’s creamy with a nice warm kick from poblano and serrano peppers. Keep it earthy with Farro, Brussels Sprouts and Pecan Salad, it’s a healthy and filling favorite.
Mushroom and Greens Lasagna
Mushroom & Greens Filling
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 cup baby bok choy sliced in ribbons
- 1/2 cup shallot minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 5 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup sharp white cheddar grated
- 9 sheets no boil lasagna
- 8 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 cup monterey jack cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish, spoon 1 cup Mornay sauce to coat bottom.
- Start layering: Place 3 lasagna sheets over Mornay sauce, then 1 cup Mornay sauce, then 1/2 cup mushroom-bok choy mixture, then 1/2 tbsp ricotta per square (lasagna serves 8, so imagine 8 squares), 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese. Repeat 1 timeThird layer: 3 lasagna noodles, remaining mornay sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup monterey jack cheese, 1 tbsp parsley and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.