Lemongrass infused Thai Party Wings are grilled and tossed with a blend of sweet and spicy Thai inspired ingredients that really pack in the flavor!
My family has a thing for chicken wings. Every so often, I like to switch up the flavor profile like these Thai inspired party wings. For me, wings have to be crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and packed with flavor. It’s a three part process consisting of marinading, grilling/frying/baking and finishing off with a toss in the bowl with desired sauce.
It’s ALL ABOUT the Lemongrass
Lemongrass is the key ingredient for infusing these wings with out of this world flavor. The lemony flavor really lifts these wings to another level, together with fresh ginger and lots of garlic. You can usually find lemongrass stalks in your grocery store. It’s next to ginger root in the produce section. Often when you get the stalks from the grocery, they have a hard woody exterior. Remove a few of the outer layers until you get down to a softer inner core. This is an important step as lemongrass stalks are fibrous and the outer layers are inedible.
If you’re following on Instagram, you may see these recipes in action. I like to share photos of what the food looks like as I’m preparing it and often show this in my Instagram Stories @theherbalistandthecarnivore
So, if you’re not sure what lemongrass looks like OR if the sauce should be packed with that many herbs and spices…check my stories and see!
Try These Other Recipes:
Shop These Products at Amazon:
Thai Party Wings
- 24 party wings
Thai Party Wing Sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp fresh lemongrass minced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chives minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine all Thai Party Wings Sauce ingredients in a bowl. Coat the party wings in 1/2 of the mixture and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Fire up the grill. If using charcoal, make an indirect heat area so you don't burn your wings.
- Grill party wings, turning occasionally, until internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove to a large bowl and toss with remaining Thai Party Wing Sauce.