Hot Honey Strawberry Shortcake layers fresh sliced strawberries with cornmeal biscuits, whipped cream and a hot honey drizzle.
Sweet with a little kick from Mike’s Hot Honey This shortcake will be the favorite dessert of summer. Grab some fresh strawberries at your local berry farm – They are the best! We have a local u-pick called Beringer Farm and of course, the Marysville Strawberry Festival. I love to grab extra flats and stock my freezer with homemade freezer jam and frozen berries for smoothies.
Ingredients in Hot Honey Strawberry Shortcake
Help me and I’ll help you – Shop Amazon.com to find any items with a link.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries taste the best for this recipe.
- Hot Honey – Mike’s Hot Honey adds the perfect kick of flavor – Find it on Amazon.
- Cream – Heavy whipping cream or whipping cream.
- Milk – Whole milk for the biscuits.
- Butter – Real butter, cold is best for the biscuits.
- Pantry Items – Flour, cornmeal, sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt.
Take advantage of the fresh summer fruit with these recipes. Homemade Apple Bourbon Peach Pie with an all-butter crust. Make sure to top this one with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. For those too hot to bake days try No Bake Banana Dream Dessert. Light and fluffy layers of lady fingers, bananas, vanilla pudding, whipped cream.
Hot Honey Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 lb. strawberries stem removed, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- Combine sliced strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Cover and place in refridgerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix in grated butter until crumbly. Add milk and combine until dough forms. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to rectangle shape about 10 x 6 inches. Cut 6 even squares. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 420 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.