These bite size Chipotle Cream Cheese Bacon Poppers will fly off your appetizer table, so you better make a double batch. Smokey chipotle gets blended with cream cheese, topped with bacon and stuffed into a baby sweet pepper for a twist on the classic jalapeno popper.
I REALLY love these Chipotle Cream Cheese Bacon Poppers for two reasons. First, they’re made with sweet peppers, so they are less spicy than using jalapeno peppers and are so much more colorful. Second, they are stuffed with a chipotle cream cheese mixture that really adds a nice smokey layer to the flavor profile, along with the perfect amount of heat.
Whenever I make them…POOF They are gone. Just like that. So, yes, you are definitely going to want to make a double batch for your Cinco de Mayo shin dig. And BTW you have to check out all of my Mexican inspired recipes that all go perfectly with these pretty little things. Here’s where to go: https://outwestlifestyle.com/category/mexican/
Chipotle Cream Cheese Bacon Poppers
- 12 mini multi colored peppers halved, seeds removed
- 1 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 4 strips bacon cooked and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and chipotle.
- Fill each half of pepper with about 1 tsp cream cheese mixture.
- Top with a piece of bacon, pressing in to make sure it stays while cooking.
- Bake until sizzling hot, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro.