Fresh picked blackberries come together in a personal size blackberry pie with an all butter crust and vanilla bean ice cream. Simplicity at it’s best.
Time to Get Picking Blackberries
I have the fondest memories of my grandfather out back picking bowls of blackberries. He would spend hours picking these blackberries because, of course, you have to get them while they are good. When he brought them back to the house, my mother would whip up one of her famous blackberry pies and we would eat it warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream.
All About The Crust
I’ve tried sooo many different ways to make crust and have settled on ALL BUTTER. People try too hard when making pie crust. It really just needs to be simple and all butter is the way to go for the flakiest crust. I like taking a very cold stick of butter and grating it straight into the bowl of flour. Then, very gently, crumble the butter and flour into crumbs. Add very cold water a little at a time until dough forms. It’s that simple.
Shop These Products at Amazon:
Individual Blackberry Pies
- 4 cups fresh picked blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
Pie Crust ( Makes 4 ramekin size top crusts )
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter grated
- 1/2 cup very cold water
- Combine blackberries, flour and sugar in a large bowl and let sit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide blackberry mixture into four individual ramekins and top each with dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt together. Mix grated butter into dry mixture, crumbling with your fingers. Add cold water until dough forms. Dust counter top very lightly with flour. Roll out dough and cut four circles slightly larger than ramekins.