Spiced Acorn Squash roasted until tender, glazed with sweet agave, smoked paprika, chipotle and finished with toasted pecans.
An elegant and super easy side dish that is perfect for your holiday table. The agave drizzle with the butter and warm spices create that earthy fall flavor. I really love how the acorn squash looks when it’s cut into these cute half moon shapes. It’s a real eye catcher on the table.
All you need is one acorn squash and few pantry items for this recipe. If you are looking to serve a crowd, just double the recipe. It’s probably the easiest dish you’ll make for your holiday party.
Ingredients in Spiced Acorn Squash
- Acorn Squash – A large acorn squash cut in half and then in slices.
- Agave – A sweetener found in the baking aisle at the grocery.
- Smoked Paprika – Smoked paprika adds a little more depth of flavor than regular paprika.
- Chipotle Powder – For a little heat, can substitute cayenne.
- Butter – Melted butter, real butter.
Spiced Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash halved, then sliced in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 pinch chipotle or cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup pecans roasted and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine agave, smoked paprika, chipotle powder and melted butter in a small bowl. Brush half of mixture on each side of squash slices. Roast for about 20 minutes or until fork tender and caramelized around the edges. Drizzle remaining mixture over top and garnish with toasted pecans.
- TOASTED PECANS: Place pecans in a single layer on sheet pan. Toast in air fryer for about 2-3 minutes at 375 degrees.