Smoked paprika and cumin spice rubbed grilled salmon with spicy arugula and earthy spiraled beets in a honey shallot vinaigrette.
This earthy Spiced Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Arugula and Beet Salad comes together in less than 30 minutes for an easy weeknight dinner. A blend of smoked paprika, warm cumin, honey, garlic and a pinch of cayenne gets rubbed over a beautiful salmon fillet before grilling. While it’s doing it’s thing on the grill, toss together a very simple beet and arugula salad with feta and hazelnuts. It’s a simple dinner that is restaurant quality.
The recipe calls for spiraled beets..but don’t panic if you don’t have a spiralizer (I don’t either) Most grocery stores sell spiraled beets that are pre-packaged for convenience. And, if you are new to eating beets, this is a great way to try them. Beets have a very earthy taste and with my honey shallot vinaigrette, they taste amazing over this grilled salmon.
- I like to serve this dish with ancient grains, such as farro, which has a nutty taste that goes perfectly with this earthy dish.
- After grilling the salmon, try flaking it and adding to the beet and arugula as a salad that works as a meal.
Spiced Salmon with Arugula and Beet Salad
- 1 fillet salmon
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Arugula & Beet Salad
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups spiraled beets
- 1 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get your grill fired up.
- Combine softened butter, minced garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar and salt and rub over salmon fillet.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill and cook until just opaque. You will know it is done when you press against the flesh and it just starts to flake.
- While your salmon is grilling, prepare Arugula & Beet Salad. Serve over salmon.
Arugula & Beet Salad
- Toss together arugula, spiraled beets, crumbled feta and chopped hazelnuts. Drizzle over 1-2 tbsp dressing.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
What a great recipe! Love the spiralized beet salad.
Thank you..Can you believe this is my first time trying beets? I hear they are great for your heart!
What?! I CAN NOT BELIEVE that!! I love beets. Beet greens, pickled beets, beet chips, EVERYTHING.