Grilled shrimp and scallops get piled high on a crunchy tostada with fresh corn and tomato salad drizzled with a refreshing cilantro lime vinaigrette.
We’re one week away from Cinco de Mayo and I’d say that’s a reason to celebrate Mexican food! I mean, do we really need a reason? I could eat Mexican food everyday especially if it’s paired with succulent seafood.
All those bright, fresh colors and textures layered with a depth of spices and the crunch….Yep, Mexican food has it all. When you fuse it with Pacific Northwest flavors it just gets better. Elegance.
Shrimp and scallops get gently grilled adding a hint of smokiness as they top a fresh and crunchy salad that’s drizzled in cilantro lime vinaigrette. This Grilled Seafood Tostada has it all, the crunch, the freshness and the smoky sweetness of the shrimp and scallops all in one weeknight meal.
Grilled Shrimp & Scallop Tostada With Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 12 shrimp peeled, deveined, leave on tail
- 8 sea scallops patted dry
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup red onion fine diced
- ½ clove garlic minced
- ½ jalapeno diced
- 1 cup red cabbage finely shredded
- 2 ears corn grilled and cut off cob (brush with olive oil and grill until charred . I like to do this before the seafood when grill is super hot)
- 1 avocado diced
- ¾ of the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro fine chopped
- ½ clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can of Mexican seasoned pinto beans such as Bush’s Cocina Latina
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 4 Tostada shells
- A few kabob sticks
- Lime for serving
- Prepare grill.
- In a small bowl, mix together chipotle in adobo and mayonnaise.
- Toss together with seafood and keep in fridge until grill is ready.
- In a small saute pan, heat can of pinto beans and keep on low until ready to use.
- Prepare Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Prepare Salad by gently mixing all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle ¾ of vinaigrette over salad and gently combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Thread seafood on kabob stick. Shrimp will cook quicker than scallops, so thread shrimp on separate kabob stick from scallops.
- Grill seafood until cooked through and slightly charred. Remove from heat and remove from kabob sticks for plating.
- Place tostada shell on plate. Spoon ¼ on the beans over tostada, sprinkle ¼ of the cheese over beans, mound up about a cup of the salad, top with three shrimp and two scallops and drizzle with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette.
Leave a Reply