Herb Crusted Eye of Round Roast is tender and pink on the inside and packed with a flavorful crust on the outside.
Look how beautiful this roast is! The aroma of sage, leeks and thyme has taken over my kitchen as they cover this Eye of Round roast creating a flavorful crust. If your entertaining this holiday season and are on a budget or just want a simple roast, this Herb Crusted Eye of Round Roast is the perfect recipe for you.
It’s so easy to make and the best thing is that it’s a fairly inexpensive cut of meat. I would say it’s right in between a prime rib and a pot roast. It comes out juicy, pink in the middle with a nice golden herb crust.
Slice it thinly, letting it soak up all those juices and make this your go-to roast!
Herb Crusted Eye of Round Roast
- 3 lb. eye of round beef roast
- 1 cup fresh herbs chopped (such as sage, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place roast in a baking dish, coat with olive oil on all sides, sprinkle with salt and pepper, press mixed chopped herbs all over roast.
- Place roast in oven, reduce heat to 475 degrees.
- Cook roast 7 minutes per pound at 475 degrees (that’s 21 minutes for a 3 lb roast).
- Do not open the oven door. Turn off the oven and continue to cook for 2 ½ hours, making sure to not open the oven door at all during this entire time.
- After the 2 ½ hours, remove from oven, placing a piece of foil over the top and let rest for about 10 minutes.
Make it a meal with side dishes like Classic Potato Gratin, Northern Winter Salad or Sweet Corn and Snap Peas: