Tropical Tumeric Ginger Smoothie combines anti-inflammatory curcumin compounds, sweet pineapple and tropical guava to make a delicious drinkable breakfast to start your day the healthy way.
Both tumeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties, which means this Tropical Tumeric Ginger Smoothie really packs a punch. Inflammation is the body’s response to irritation and injury and by consuming tumeric and ginger on a regular basis, you fight the effects of inflammation on your body.
Like it spicy? Studies show that adding black pepper to your tumeric intake increases the power. The peperine in black pepper allows your body to absorb the tumeric better. Just add a pinch to your smoothie!
This Tropical Tumeric Ginger Smoothie has no added sugar. It’s all about fresh, healthy ingredients. If you like your smoothie sweeter than the natural fruit sugars, just add a teaspoon of agave nectar or honey.
Having your ingredients prepped and ready makes mornings easy. Keep fresh cut fruit in your freezer to make things easier. You can even make individual portions of pre-cut fruit, so all you have to do is drop it in the blender. Place your portioned pineapple, guava, banana, tumeric and ginger in freezable containers ahead of time and it’s ready when you need it.
- Tumeric – Fresh tumeric root found in the produce section of your grocery. It looks similar to ginger and is shown in the photo in this post. You want to store your tumeric in the refrigerator. When ready to use, peel off the outside and put in the blender.
- Ginger – Fresh ginger root, also found in the produce section of your grocery. use it just like tumeric root, only in a lessor amount.
- Pineapple – Frozen pineapple gives this smoothie the texture it needs.
- Guava – Frozen guava also adds to the texture. I like to use fruit that has been frozen when making smoothies.
- Banana – Peel and freeze your bananas so they are ready when needed.
- Orange Juice – Fresh orange juice like Simply Orange.
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
Tropical Tumeric Ginger Smoothie
- 1/2 cup pineapple frozen
- 1/2 cup guava frozen
- 2 inches tumeric root skin removed
- 1/2 inch ginger root skin removed
- 1/4 cup banana frozen
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Shop These Products on Amazon
OUT WEST: Food & Lifestyle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Help support my passion by shopping these links:
Leave a Reply