Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad with fresh corn, tomatoes, chilies, bacon, cilantro, cotija cheese and orecchiette pasta in a creamy Tajin dressing.
- 4 cups Orecchiette pasta cooked according to package directions
- 6 ears yellow corn on the cob cut off the cob
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Fresno chilies (can sub serrano or jalapeno) minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small pkg. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch green scallion / onions chopped
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Tajin seasoning
- 1 lime juiced
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until completely cool. Strain and remove all of the water from pasta, pat dry if necessary.
While pasta is cooking, cook bacon either on a sheet pan in 400 degree oven until browned or in a pan on the stove. Remove grease from cooked bacon and crumble.
Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add avocado oil and let it come to high heat. Add corn that has been cut off the cob. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until just heated, but still firm.
Place completely cooled pasta in a large serving bowl. Toss together with corn, chilies, red bell pepper, tomato, scallions, cilantro and bacon. Stir in Tajin dressing to coat. Top with cotija cheese and more cilantro. Serve right away or refrigerate for even more flavor.