Crispy Beef Lettuce Wraps
Crispy Beef Lettuce Wraps are your new go-to summer dinner. Sweet and spicy ground beef get crisped up and paired with pickled cucumber, radish and butter lettuce. Top it with crunchy chopped hazelnuts and basil for a flavor packed bite.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion fine diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head living butter lettuce leaves individually removed
- 5-6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil torn
Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat
Add onion and cook until softened about 2 minutes. Push over to side.
Add the ground beef, cook crumbling as you brown until a little crispy on the edges. Drain grease and return to heat.
Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve in a butter lettuce leaf with pickled cucumber, radish, chopped hazelnuts and fresh basil.