Mango Shrimp Lettuce Bites
These Mango Shrimp Lettuce Bites are perfect for a casual dinner or weekend appetizer. Delicate butter lettuce, sweet and spicy shrimp and mango salsa all wrapped up into one perfect bite.
- 16 large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup garlic chili sauce with the rooster on it
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 large mango, peeled, cubed
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds for mild salsa)
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 squeeze lime 1
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, individual leaves removed
- 1 lime
Pat shrimp dry.
Combine shrimp, mango nectar, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
Place shrimp in pan and saute until opaque on one side. Flip and continue on other side until fully cooked through. About 2 minutes on each side.