Bacon, Poblano and Potato Frittata layers thinly sliced gold potatoes, roasted poblano strips, bacon pieces and Monterrey Jack cheese with fluffy eggs.
Potatoes are first cooked in olive oil until tender, then layered with just enough poblano to add a little heat, crispy bacon pieces for a little smokiness, and of course cheese! Gotta have that creamy, melty jack cheese. Whisk the eggs and cream and pour over all that goodness.
Once it’s baked through and the top is browned, it is ready to serve. I like a dollop of sour cream with fresh cilantro and chipotle Tabasco. So good!
Ingredients in Bacon, Poblano and Potato Frittata
- Bacon – Thick cut smoky bacon cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Poblano– Roasted poblano strips.
- Potato – Gold potatoes sliced thin.
- Onion – Yellow onion strips.
- Cheese – Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Eggs – Farm fresh has that nice yellow color.
- Cream – Heavy whipping cream.
- Olive Oil – I prefer the flavor of olive oil in this dish.
Inspiration for breakfast or brunch starts here. Turn your market finds into a lovely Farmer’s Market Frittata that showcases all the seasonal goods. Take a savory approach with Mushroom Tarragon Strata, where you can use your freshly foraged mushrooms. A Seattle favorite is highlighted in this New Woman Quiche made with local Beecher’s cheese.
Bacon, Poblano and Potato Frittata
- 6 strips bacon cooked
- 1 poblano pepper roasted, cut in strips
- 6 cups gold potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion cut in half, then sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon strips in large pan over medium high heat until browned. Remove, drain on paper towel and cut in large pieces.
- Broil poblano pepper until charred. Remove and place in a covered pan for a few minutes. Remove from pan, peel off skin, remove stem and seeds, cut into strips.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium high heat. Sauté onions until softened. Remove and set aside. Add thinly sliced potato. Cover and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Add cheese, roasted poblano, bacon and sautéed onion. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until just browned and cooked through. Serve with sour cream, cilantro and chipotle Tabasco, if desired.
We’d love to hear what you thought. Drop a comment and let us know your thoughts. Maybe you loved it, maybe you added more salt. Tell us in the comments.