Quick and easy Garlic Prawns & Blistered Tomatoes with Swiss chard served over creamy Parmesan polenta.
Always keep frozen shrimp on hand
Weeknight dinner doesn’t get any easier than this. Yep, 15 minutes to restaurant inspired Garlic Prawns & Blistered Tomatoes. Argentinian Pink Shrimp are a staple in my freezer. I love how quick they thaw, which makes pulling together weeknight dinner a cinch.
This dish starts with creamy polenta (another pantry staple). Then a quick saute of garlic, shrimp, Swiss chard and beautiful blistered tomatoes. The tomatoes add the perfect burst of flavor for a savvy weeknight dinner.
Garlic Prawns & Blistered Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes on the vine or a large handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 16 large shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 bunch Swiss chard rough chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dried polenta
- 1 splash cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and place tomatoes in pan. Sear quickly on each side until blistered, but not too long that they burst open. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining olive oil, garlic and shrimp. Toss to coat. Add Swiss chard and saute until shrimp turn opaque about 2-3 minutes and Swiss chard is just wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over creamy polenta with blistered tomatoes.
- Make polenta according to box directions. Add a splash of cream, 1 Tbsp butter and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to cooked polenta before serving.
- Snapper in Spicy Tomato Broth
- Steamer Clams in White Wine with Bacon & Fennel
- Roasted Cod with Spinach and Mushrooms