Get these Rolled Tacos in Poblano Sauce on the table and in your mouth with quickness. 30 minutes to the cheesiest inside, crunchiest outside soaking up all that poblano sauce, taco goodness.
Crispy, Meat & Cheese Filled Tacos
I don’t know about you, but the quicker I can get tacos in my mouth the better and rolled tacos make it that much easier. I live for Taco Tuesday. Its got all my favorite flavors and textures. Crunchy, cheesy combined with the freshest garnishes. I really love the depth you can get from simply roasting poblano peppers, onions and jalapeno. It’s the easiest thing to do. Really!
Grab that sheet pan, throw the poblanos, onion and jalapeno on and broil until charred. So easy, right? The hardest part about this recipe is peeling the skin off the poblanos after they cool. Seriously. After that you just blend it all up and you have an amazing poblano sauce.
Rolled Tacos in Poblano Sauce
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning such as Lawry's
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 small poblano peppers
- 1/2 yellow onion quartered
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup water adjust water for desired thickness
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- yellow onion
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Cotija cheese
- Place whole poblano peppers, onions and jalapeno on a sheet pan under broil, flipping sides, until charred on all sides.
- Remove from oven. Add onion and jalapeno to blender. Remove skin and seeds from poblano peppers then place in blender.
- Add water, sugar and salt. Blend until smooth. Add heavy cream and blend again. Add more water if sauce is too thick.
- Brown ground beef, drain fat and use your favorite taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Heat corn tortillas in microwave for about 25 seconds, just until pliable.
- Place a little taco meat and cheese in each tortilla and roll, leaving ends open.
- Fry each taco until just golden brown. Drain on wire rack.
- Place a large spoonful of poblano sauce on plate, place rolled tacos on top, followed by another spoonful of poblano sauce. Top with fine diced onion, cilantro, radish and Cotija cheese.