Salsa Verde a.k.a The Easiest Salsa E V E R! And when I’m talking easy, I mean throw all the ingredients on a sheet pan, broil until charred and blend it up. YES! No chopping, dicing or teary eyed just S I M P L E.
- 8-10 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, remove seeds for a mild version
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water, if needed to thin
- salt and pepper to taste
Additions to Make it Your Own
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fine chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place tomatillos, onion and jalapeno on sheet pan. Broil on middle rack until charred, flip and repeat on other side.
- Transfer to blender. Add sugar and water. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to a week.
All it takes is a sheet pan, some tomatillos, an onion, a jalapeno and a blender and if you want to add cilantro, you can. Sometimes I add a little cream for a creamy enchiladas verde. I’ve created a list of add-in’s in the recipe, so you can make it your own. This salsa verde is the base for many Mexican dishes and even soup (a recipe that I’m still working on).