This quick and easy Cajun Shrimp Maque Choux can be on the table in just 20 minutes. Creamy corn is topped with spicy Cajun shrimp, peppers and tomato.
January is a pivot month, especially if you live in the Pacific Northwest. We’ve made it through the darkest days of December and we’re headed towards lighter days. I am always looking for a quick comforting meal around this time of the year. This Cajun Shrimp Maque Choux is so easy to make in just 20 minutes. If you keep frozen shrimp and corn in your freezer, you are already half way there.
Cajun Shrimp Maque Choux
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups corn, drained if using canned
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 large shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 1. In a medium pot over medium heat melt 1 tbsp. butter. Add onion and saute for about 2-3 minutes or until softened.2. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Stir in corn and cream.3. Season with salt and set side. 4. Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning and garlic.5. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large pan over high heat. Place shrimp in pan and sear until just pink, then flip and repeat on other side. 6. Add red pepper and saute, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.7. Add tomato and cook another 2 minutes. 8. Serve shrimp over corn and garnish with cilantro.